Leslie Stratford is a Canadian artist living in south-west France. She was born in Saskatoon, grew up in Montréal, practised law in Toronto and worked in a London investment bank before taking up painting full-time. Leslie and her husband, Jan Laury, enjoy the tranquility of their rural home, which they share with their two dogs and cat. When not painting, she is cycling or working in the garden.
Leslie’s work may be found in private collections in Canada, the US, the UK, France, Luxembourg, the Czech Republic and India. Her work is also on permanent display at University College London (large portrait of Sartre (2004) in the French Department).
- Ecole des beaux-arts, Toulouse
- Wimbledon School of Art, London (B.A. Hons., (Fine Art/Painting))
- The Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London (Summer Schools)
- Heatherley’s, London (Diploma in Portraiture)
- McGill University, Montreal (B.A. Hons., University Scholar (History of Art))